How to Edit Wedding Photo? (High-End Retouch)
Wedding photographs preserving our most precious moments of our most meaningful day are of great significance. In spite of the best cameras and photographers, however, some flawed photos are inevitable. Nevertheless, no need to be distressed because the Photos Editing Services (PESs) is here for you. Learn how to edit high-end wedding photos in photoshop below:
Video Guide on How to Edit Wedding Photo
Follow the following guidelines on how to edit wedding photo and your pictures will become faultless.
1) Making it Bright
Due to the multiple number of lights (the tungsten lamps, chandeliers, sunlight, blue hues of the sky) in the wedding venue, the photos can turn out too dark. So, you first need to make it bright and the wedding photo retouching has just the thing for it.
- Firstly, make a copy layer. Press “Ctrl+J” and drag and drop. Select this copy layer to work upon; never work upon the original. For convenience, name your layers. This layer, for instance, can be named ‘Brightness’.
- Go to “Adjustment Layer – Curves” and select the “Hand” tool. Click and drag it on the skin until the picture becomes appropriately bright. On the bottom-right side of the histogram, if there is empty space left, drag the slider left; this ensures that you are not losing details. Hold “Alt/Option” key on the keyboard and drag the slider – by going too much to the left, you will end up losing details so don’t go too much to the left and keep the slider at the appropriate point. Then adjust the curve if you have to. With this, you have a bright base on which you can officially start your wedding photo editing.
An essential component of wedding photo retouching is the removal of blemishes and spots. The fixing of lightning, color and skin tones will come after it as they require more duplicate layers to work upon and you don’t want the blemishes following them.
- Make another duplicate layer using “Ctrl+J” and drag and drop. Name it, for example, ‘Blemishes’.
- Zoom in in order to see the blotches clearly. Select the “Magnifying Glass” and make the “Scrubby Zoom: 100%”, and you will be zoomed in 100%. Zooming in is especially important in wedding photo editing to remove all spots.
- Go to “Adjustment Layer – Black and White”. In it, reduce the amount of “Red” color by dragging the slider of the “Red” color to the right – through this, the blemishes and acne stand out. Then you can increase the “Yellow” color a bit to increase the brightness.
- The tools used in wedding photo retouching to remove blemishes are:
- “Regular Healing Brush” tool: make sure the “Sample: Current and Below” is selected and use a large or small brush according to your requirement. Hold the “Alt” button and right mouse button, drag it to right to make it bigger and left to make it smaller. Hold the “Alt/Option” key, click to take a sample and remove blemishes.
- “Patch” tool (it is faster): make sure that the “Patch: Normal” is selected. Select one blemish by drawing a circle around it, press and hold the “shift” key on your keyboard – the cursor changes to a plus sign – and select more blemishes with the “shift” key still held. Then, let go of the “shift” key, drag the blemishes a little left or right towards where you want to sample it to. Let go and the blemishes would have been cleared.
- Group these two layers together through “Ctrl+G” (excluding the “Background” layer).
- You can always do it yourself or can hire a professional wedding photo editor for faster results
3) Color and Skin Tone Correction:
PESs Wedding photo retouching entails the color and skin tone correction through the adjustment of the red, green and blue colors.
- Make another duplicate layer using “Ctrl+J”.
- Go to “Adjustment Layer – Curves”. There are three eye-dropper tools which are black, gray and white color points respectively. Select, for illustration, the gray color point and click on the area in the image where there is the same gray color as the color point, like (black) hair which is appearing gray. That hair color will be automatically adjusted i.e. become black. Press Ctrl+Z and click on all areas of the image where color needs to be adjusted and the color of all those areas will also be corrected. 90% of the color is corrected through this aspect of wedding photo editing. If you want to adjust individual colors (red, blue, green), select that color in “Channel” and adjust color accordingly by moving the curve. Once done, hit “OK”.
- Then, go to the “Channels” icon (beside the “Layers” icon), hold down “Cmd/Option” button on the keyboard and click “RGB”. It will select the bright and highlight part of the image. Following that, go back to the “Layers” panel and select “Adjustment Layer – Levels”. Drag the “Highlight” slider to the left until desired brightness is obtained. It has brightened the skin tone without affecting the rest of the image.
- Next comes the “Adjustment Layer – Hues/Saturation”. Slide the sliders of “Hue”, “Saturation” and “Lightness” accordingly. On “Edit”, select any color you want to individually adjust and do it accordingly.
- Then, “Adjustment Layer – Color balance”. If you want to add a bit of color (yellow, orange – natural colors of the skin) to give the skin tone a natural look (after the aforementioned wedding photo retouching steps, the skin tone tends to become an unnatural white), adjust the sliders of “cyan-red”, “magenta-green”, “yellow-blue” according to the required “color level”.
- Select “Adjustment Layer – Vibrance” to make the colors more vibrant. Adjust the “Vibrance” and “Saturation” (intensifies color) sliders accordingly.
- Through “Adjustment Layer – Brightness/Contrast”, adjust the brightness and contrast accordingly.
- To give an overall vibrant look (if you feel lacking), go again to “Adjustment Layer – Curves”. Adjust the curve by increasing or decreasing the highlights, shadows, blacks, whites accordingly.
- Lastly, group all the layers created through wedding photo editing together through “Ctrl+G” and rename the layer, e.g. ‘Edited’, to differentiate between the edited and original one.
Once done with the wedding photo retouching, compare with the original picture and the results will definitely satisfy you. iI you find this “how to edit wedding photo” article helpful kindly comment and let us know
P.S. Just to be on the safe side, if you are an amateur, it is advisable to reach our professional wedding photo Editing service because wedding photographs are irreplaceable.